About

Welcome to my Blog, and thanks for stopping by.
This is where you will find a few extra details of my shoots, excursions and everyday fun. This is where you will get to know me a little better, and follow with me through life's adventures and challenges. This is where I will share me.
So have a look around, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Mandi Miles

Looking for the website? Miles Away Photography Website
And don't forget to check out the Galleries on Flickr.


Saturday, August 11, 2012

Movie Review - Ice Road Terror

Ice Road Terror

The worst movie ever?  Well that's a little harsh, I haven't seen all the movies made to be able to make that distinction.

Found myself with a little of a lazy Saturday morning.  A rarity these days.  In the midst of getting ready for this afternoons wedding (here's hoping for a break from the rain) and catching up on some laundry, I decided to roam the channels is search of a filler.
I must say that Saturday morning programming leaves a lot to be desired.  Since I was not interested in the newest product that Vince was selling on the infomercials, the wrestling on the Olympics (I'm certain I will catch some flak for this, but an Olympic Sport? Really?) or reruns of Will & Grace, I opted for "Ice Road Terror".  I knew this was going to be a delightful romp right away.  I know that I can't be the only one out there that enjoys a bad movie, sometimes more than the good ones?

So the premise is - Ice road truckers in Alaska being attacked by dino-creatures.  How can it get any better?  Well I will tell you it does.  The campy script and ridiculous special effects had me laughing all morning.
Was it the bad acting or the bad script making it so horrible?  I would say a little from column A and a little from column B.  Acting and script were both sufficiently hilarious to put this movie on my Favorite Bad Movies List.


Oh my - I even love the cover - they should have included the godzillaesk-dino-creature to top it off.
Recommend?  Absolutely.  One of the best worst movies out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment