About

Welcome to my Blog, and thanks for stopping by.
This is where you will find a few extra details of my shoots, excursions and everyday fun. This is where you will get to know me a little better, and follow with me through life's adventures and challenges. This is where I will share me.
So have a look around, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Mandi Miles

Looking for the website? Miles Away Photography Website
And don't forget to check out the Galleries on Flickr.


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ahhhhh, the very first Blog post!

What do you write for your very first blog post?  The possibilities are endless.......mwuuuuhahahaha!  

I have chosen one of my recent favorite days, hunting down the Bobolinks.


These birds really like open field and grasslands.  It just so happens that there are at least 3 pair I pass on my walks.  This was the day that I put my stealthy skills to the test.  I realized in a hurry, that I am not stealthy at ALL!  It will definitely take much more practice to be able to move quietly, and smoothly while trying not to catch my tripod on everything along the way.  Still, even with my clunking around, I was able to get quite close to these pretty and vocal birds.  After watching and listening the them all afternoon, I have added them to my favorite birds list, which pretty much includes any bird I have ever photographed lol.


I passed these birds everyday before I really had a look at them to see their beauty.  I can't wait until next year, I will return to this field and see if I can catch some fledglings.



I love how well hidden a black and white bird is in this photo.  Just goes to show that camouflage comes in lot's of different varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment